Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Harvest meal

Daily painting #52 created on October 22 Posted on Oct 23 due to local area network outage
9x12 watercolor on Arches hotpress
Today's goal for a painting was to compose a scene from my imagination that included figure and landscape elements.
What did I learn? I would need ample time to incorporate the details that are necessary to render more realistic figures, I would need to decide early to forego detail in favor of lights and darks to suggest form and simplifying the composition for a better balance. More than half way into the painting I realized this however I continued with this composition to see what I could achieve in limited time. The result?The figures appear primitive. I'll include this theme among those that I plan to rework.
thanks for looking

No comments: