Saturday, September 8, 2007

Landscape and focal point study


Daily painting #8


6 x 9 on Watercolor on hotpress, that includes approx 1" border, so the image is 4.5 x 7
Available for $30, email me if you'd like this

the bugs were wild, even with Deet, but I kept on with the outdoor challenge!
Today's landscape study included adding objects in the scene with the goal to depict spatial depth. THe focal point is the clothing on the line which was a little low off center and emphasized by the horizon line and the vertical lines of the structures. Also note the perpendicular lines of the roof and driveway balanced with the bit of fence post to the right...and the trees yonder provide scale for distance.
the clothes remind me of the Beatrix Potter illustrations, and sure enough, as I was finishing today's painting, I heard one of Peter Rabbit's kind scamper off.

thanks for looking

No comments: